Note: If you are accessing network drives outside of the CWS network, you need to connect to the VPN first by following these instructions.
1.Click the Start button and then click on Computer
2. Click Map network drive near the top of the window.
3. Choose a Drive Letter
In the Drive list, click a drive letter. You can choose any available letter. If you are connecting to folders for common locations like the X, Y, or Z drives, it’s recommended that you use those letters to avoid confusion.
4. In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or click Browse to find the folder or computer.
Here is a list of folder paths for the default network drives CWS uses:
or the path directly to your project
(Your home folder)
5. To connect every time you log on to your computer, select the Reconnect at logon check box.
6. If you are mapping the drive from a personal computer, check the box for Connect using different credentials.
When you click Finish it will prompt you for your username and password. Provide your kerberos username as “AD3\username” without quotes, and your kerberos password. You can tell it to remember the password if you don’t want to provide it next time you connect.
7. Click Finish. You have now mapped the network drive.
8. Enable Symbolic Links
In order to access the folders in the X: drive, you need to download a batch file located here.
Go to the batch file and right-click on it. Then select “Run as administrator.”
If you have Windows SmartScreen running, you will get a warning like the photo above. Click on “More info.”
Then click on “Run anyway.”
That’s it! You’ll have access to the folders in the X: drive.